Subject: Re: emulation initialization
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/31/2002 23:19:28
On Sun 22 Dec 2002 at 20:39:46 +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Note that even empty pools consume some kernel memory. I think it's
> better to allocate the emulation resources on demand. Since you
> have single entry point (mach_e_proc_exec()) and always get there
> in process context, nothing can sneak behind your back, it's safe.
> Until execve(2) would run without BigLock, at least :)

You could have the entry point pointer point to an initialisation
function at first, then when it is called it can initialise, then change
the pointer to the non-initialising function.

> Jaromir
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.