Subject: Re: kernel filesystem code move
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/31/2002 09:11:44
[cc line trimmed; it was getting insane ;]

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 11:36:26AM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

  | Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com> writes:
  | >  how about a slightly different marking: "DEAD" vs "dead". with
  | > "DEAD" meaning consider dead for checkout but not for diff. CVS
  | > hack required, but only on the server side (I think, it's been a
  | > while since I've used this). Patch attached.
  |
  | That's more or less what I suggested, and I think it is a good
  | idea. It allows diffs and imports to continue to work without breaking
  | date based checkouts.

Would this require that anoncvs & cvsweb repository mirrors need to
run the "netbsd modified cvs(1)" in this case to function correctly?
If so, we need to consider the ramifications of this, even if it's
just "you need to run a netbsd modified cvs(1)" ...

Luke.