Subject: Re: IPF and ALTQ with 1.6_STABLE
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier.humbert@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/21/2002 20:33:24
mmondor@gobot.ca (Matthew Mondor) wrote :

> I herein attach various information about my current system which perhaps
> could help to point out any error on my part.

Well besides "options ALTQ" Daniel mentioned, I see at least two or
three options in your kernel, that are different from mine, which works.
It doesn't mean you're wrong, only that it works for me this way :-)

> options   INSECURE    # disable kernel security levels
Not really wise for a firewall..

> #options  COMPAT_15   # NetBSD 1.5,
I was told this one has to be kept ?

> #options  GATEWAY     # packet forwarding
Tou need to enable this on a firewall

> #options  PFIL_HOOKS  # pfil(9) packet filter hooks
This one too ?

> #options  IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK  # block all packets by default
Not mandatory, but good practice

--
Xavier
http://www.freetibet.org