Subject: Re: > 1T filesystems, disklabels, etc
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/16/2002 09:49:19
On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 06:47:46PM -0800, Greywolf wrote:

> Has anyone petitioned Sun to come up with a fix to OFW to handle more
> partitions?

The big advantage of the weges aproach is: the bootloader and the kernel
(which of course can get this info passed from the bootloader) only need to
be able to find the start of any bootable partition. Some firmware may insist
on a bit more, but you get the idea.

So having our own wedges stored somewhere, on suns we need to additionally
copy some information about explicitly selected partitions into the original
sun disklabel.

Martin