Subject: Re: COMPAT_DARWIN status
To: Gary Thorpe <gathorpe79@yahoo.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/13/2002 20:17:58
> Just out of curiosity, how do you test the compatibility? Running a
> handful of programs is a good idea, but do you have any way to test its
> actual compliance (e.g. if a create a web page, I could test it it a
> handful of web browsers or I could use a validator to test its
> conformance to a certain standard)?

I write simple tests to check for a particular system call or mach trap
behavior. The programs are simple, about 20 lines of C each time, but
they are extremely important, non only to check conformance, but also to
debug the emulation code.

If anyone wants to help, test programs are a very good choice.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
NetBSD, parceque je le vaux bien.