Subject: Re: Fork bomb protection patch (Was: Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/kern)
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/08/2002 21:51:24
On 8 Dec 2002, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

# How about we surround your half second delay code with an option that
# someone like you can turn on if they want it and we be done with this
# discussion?

How about we back it out of the tree and be done with this discussion?  I
thought it was kinda cool until I realised what the potential drain bamage
was on it.  I'd hate to be, e.g., waiting on a compile that was waiting a
half second between stages because the system was fubar.  Limping along is
not, to me, an acceptable alternative to erroring out (and thus suggesting
to me there is something wrong with the system).

				--*greywolf;
--
"Never mind the bollocks, here's NetBSD!"