Subject: Unsupported broadcom gigabit ethernet
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/03/2002 18:30:47
Hi all

I have a Boradcom gigagbit ethernet board which is not supported by -current
in an IBM Xserver X305.  Vendor ID is 0x14e4, and Product ID is 0x16a6.

I tried to add an entry in pcidevs for it and modified if_bge.c to match it
like already known ethernet boards from broadcom. At boot time, I got a
bunch of printf about various ukphy and then a panic: ifmedia_set complains
there is no match for 0x20/0xfffffeff.

As far as I undestand, this would mean there is no support for the PHY
in our kernel? What would be the next step?

In the FreeBSD driver, they match it as BCM5702X, but there does not seem
to be any special handling for it.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org