Subject: filesystem with LKM
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Sung-Won Chung <swchung7@hotmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/03/2002 23:31:09
Is it possible to write a filesystem code in LKM ?
I hopes to reduce development time, by removing tedious kernel recompiling.

I think writing a prototype filesystem such as 'bfs' in ufs/bfs directory,
is somewhat straitforward. But I am not certain how to make a prototype
filesystem as a LKM module.

My dillema is whether I analyze LKM code and figure out
how to make LKM filesystem, or use standard tedious compile way.

I would appreciate if anyone can show me a hint for making a filesystem
as a LKM module.