Subject: Re: siginfo, signal queues, memory issues
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/02/2002 05:33:43
	christos@zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas) said:

> Because it is a pain in the ass to code properly. If you make
> two signal delivery paths, then how to you keep track of the
> delivery order?

Well, the answer was already written in this thread. :-)

Please think about the following way:

- take only one signal delivery path. (i.e. queue)

- maintain number of queued signals for each signal
  to limit the number.

- for non-realtime signals, you can limit the number to 1.

In this way, it's not pain to keep the order proper, because there is
only one signal delivery path. Perhaps you may use a bitmap to count
the number of signals for non-realtime signals, because the maximum
number is 1.

I think it isn't better to make non-realtime signals queued
even for SIGINFO case, because that should cut down the number of
available global resource for realtime queued signal. And realtime
signals are what we really need to make queued.
--
soda