Subject: Bug: kern/18359
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/10/2002 07:53:42
Over the coming weekend, I may have time to fiddle with getting 1.6 to
work with my laptop's ethernet card.  (1.5 worked with a customized kernel
config; 1.6 identifies the card but then gives up and says it can't match
the vender code.  See kern/18359 for more details.)

Since I won't have a great deal of time for it, I thought I'd ask if
anyone has any better advice than to find the corresponding driver code
and stare at it.  Patches relative to 1.6 sources would also be
appreciated if someone actually goes to the extent of identifying what
they think is the bug.  (^&

(It shouldn't be complicated, based on one pass I made over the relavant
code.  But I couldn't see any reason for the code to fail...  I recall
that the vendor/product codes appear to be listed in the appropriate table
and the search through the table appears to be a linear, top-to-bottom
search, with my card neither the first nor last entry.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  Especially useful ones.  (^&