Subject: Documenting options in man pages
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/28/2002 01:31:43
Hi!

Prompted by some PRs by Julio Merino, I started adding options lines
to man pages (see e.g. my recent ppp(4) commit); during that I noticed
that they are also in options(4).

Documenting twice seems like a bit of a waste -- should we (=I, I
guess) move the options that are for specific devices or
pseudo-devices to the corresponding man pages and leave options(4) for
the ones that don't have a device; or leave them only in options(4) (I
don't think that's a good idea); or have them in both?

At the moment I think the first is the best solution -- any
disagreeing voices, at best with arguments?

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at
Main Rule of Usenet:  Never argue with idiots.  They drag you down to