Subject: Re: microkernel
To: Kamal Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
From: Matthew Mondor <mmondor@gobot.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/27/2002 04:33:52
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:21:01 -0700 (PDT)
Kamal Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>  Can someone give me info/ptrs to research papers on
> what it takes to transform a monolithic unix kernel to
> a  microkernel-based architecture?
> thanks
> -kamal

Especially look for Mach kernel development related sites, same for
darwin; Apple site has some links... You also may be interested in looking
at QNX documentation although it was not a converted unix, it still is
posix and has alot of similarities... but darwin related material may be
your best bet... Another interesting source may be rt-linux related
documentation. A general principle is the realtime-like message passing
API which has to be developped, which interconnects all components,
including drivers, which get reimplemented as userspace daemons...

Matt