Subject: autri0: Codec timeout. Busy reading AC'97 codec.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/10/2002 04:37:24
When playing a movie in mplayer, it works fine for about 15 minutes.
After that, the movie plays in 1 second skips only. What seems to happen
the mplayer process gets stuck while interacting with /dev/audio.
dmesg shows lots of these errors then:

	autri0: Codec timeout. Busy reading AC'97 codec.

I'm using NetBSD 1.6/i386, and also tried the latest autri* code from
-current - no change. ^C'ing mplayer and restarting doesn't help, the
movie still skips. Rebooting fixes things.

One interesting thing is that I can still play mp3s fine (with mpg123)
when the hangs happen in mplayer.

Does anyone have a clue on what to do?

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html