Subject: Re: use of LIST macros from sys/queue.h
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/05/2002 12:14:10
>> Lastly, by seeing
>> the standard queue macros, you know exactly what type of list
>> is being used (list, simpleq, tailq, circleq) and that's useful.
>
>I beg to differ, on seeing the macros I have to go and dig
>through queue.h (or queue(3)) to work out what they are implementing,
>only then do I know the properties of the list being used.

i beg to differ.  on seeing the macros i had to go read the man page
and go "oh...ok.  i think i get it."  then i tried using using them
and it worked.  nice and easy.

>If you can write code for these sorts of lists in your sleep,
>the macros are not necessary.

if you can write code that uses these macros, you don't even have to
think about it when you sleep.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."