Subject: Re: copystr
To: Gary Thorpe <gathorpe79@yahoo.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/03/2002 09:42:49
Gary Thorpe wrote:
> By the way I'm using 1.5.2:
> 58% man 9 memcpy
> man: no entry for memcpy in the manual.
> 59% man 9 bcopy
> man: no entry for bcopy in the manual.
>
> If they are there, then the are not documented.
>
> According to the web man pages, bcopy and memcpy are
> available for 1.6 (and nothing before): so what did
> people use for 1.5.x?

Yes, memcpy(9) and bcopy(9) manual pages weren't before 1.6,
but the section 3 manpages apply  nicely (the interface
is the same). Also, if  you'd do 'grep memcpy sys/kern/*',
you'd note many usages there. Actually, for 1.5.*, it was mix
of memcpy() and bcopy(); the code was cleaned up to only
use memcpy() before 1.6.

I can't see anything in the memcpy(9)/bcopy(9) manpages
implying that they would be available in 1.6 only, BTW.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/