Subject: Re: panic: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries, check MAX_KMAPENT (currently 2138)
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/29/2002 21:11:35
On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 09:17:04AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	Just had this on a 1.6_BETA4 machine, reasonably heavily loaded
> 	webserver with 1GB of RAM, and MAXPROC set to 2048.
>
> 	I'm compiling a new kernel with MAX_KMAPENT set to 4096, but is
> 	it reasonable to have to make this change by hand - could it be
> 	autosized better?

Absolutely!  MAXUSERS and MAXPROC are largely anachronisms.
They (probably) USED to be the fixed size of some kernel tables,
these days they are mainly soft upper limits for dynamically
allocated items.

I'm (locally) working through removing the dependencies...

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk