Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: kernel panic
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/25/2002 02:02:46
On Mon 22 Jul 2002 at 14:46:59 +0200, der Mouse wrote:
> rearchitecting.

This is not meant personally, but it is one of my major language-use
annoyances of recent times.

I know that in English "every noun can be verbed", but these nouns
already have perfectly good verbs associated with them. In this case, it
is "design".

Instead of the one people seem to use most, "authored", they mean
"written" of course.

Every time I see a piece that contains these unnecessary verbs, in my
mind it gets many malus points for pompous language...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.