Subject: Re: More general support for hardware performance monitoring
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/24/2002 14:24:36
On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 10:52:38AM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> What about LWP when the Scheduler Activations is integrated?

Well, obviously the PMC state could be switched by either LWP or
process.  I have been thinking that there are cases where you would
want one or the other, but I'm not sure what the best way to handle
that would be.  Do you have any thoughts on the matter?

In SMP cases, I expect you'd need it to be LWP-based since you could
have two LWPs from the same process scheduled at the same time on
different CPUs.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...