Subject: Re: Strange NFS-client bug
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Erik Anggard <erik.anggard@packetfront.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/19/2002 16:49:50
der Mouse wrote:

>It might be interesting to tcpdump and see if the client machine can
>receive the relevant NFS packet at all.  If so, and the contents are
>correct (compare vs a copy tcpdumped on another machine), that points
>to software; if not, that points to hardware.

I did a tcpdump on both the server and the client side (they are
available at http://195.163.5.2/tcpdump.server and
http://195.163.5.2/tcpdump.client if anyone wants to hav a look at
them). I haven't studied them in detail but they look rather similar and
the data from the file looked intact in the packets.

I have however found a workaround, I switched over from NFS v.3 to v.2
and now everything works just fine. (I'm surprised I didn't think of
trying this yesterday, I must have been tired). I guess this indicates
that there is a problem with the NFS v.3 client implementation in
-current. I'll do a send-pr on it.

/Erik