Subject: Re: Increasing SHMMAXPGS
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/05/2002 16:57:55
On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Noriyuki Soda wrote:

> How about adding following operations to shmctl(2)?
>   From shmctl(2) man page of SunOS5.8:
>      SHM_LOCK
>      SHM_UNLOCK

Good thought, especially since Linux also has it. (I thought about this,
but didn't realise it was already available on other systems. It's not
in FreeBSD.) Given that we can patch programs in pkgsrc to use, probably
we could even live without a userland way of changing this.

This shouldn't be difficult to implement, either, since it's just
the same thing as mlock(2), right?

cjs