Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/18/2002 10:52:45
>> Please could we have scroll up/down by both a line at a time and a
>> page at a time.

> Really i don't see the real interest of that, cause you will be able
> to set the number of lines to scroll back/down like that:

> wsconsctl -dw scroll.lines=10

As someone who agrees that having both is valuable, perhaps I can
explain: if you set scroll.lines high, then you can get where you're
going, but have to bounce back and forth between two screenfuls if what
you want is split between screens (which Murphy's Law says it will be).
If you set scroll.lines low enough to avoid that effect, it takes
_forever_ to get where you're going - especially if the scroll key,
whatever it's set to, doesn't autorepeat.

> [I]f we should implement all the things we are thinking of, i think
> that just with the guys on this mailing-list it would take very long

True enough.  Since I won't be the one doing the work... :-)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign