Subject: Re: How to get Press Fn key?
To: Masanori Kanaoka <kanaoka@ann.hi-ho.ne.jp>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/2002 10:49:28
Hey, cool update! Thanks. I'll try to test it out today.

Right now I'm still mucking about with getting a proper X session
going on external video.

> $ When do you plan on committing this?
>
> I have no plan.
> I think this driver is too special for Libretto L2/L3.

I would disagree. We probably NetBSD running on more Libretto-L-series
devices than we have running on PC532, and we've dedicated an entire
port to the PC532! And there's lots of other weird hardware that
very, very few people have, that we support. (VAX DZ-11 serial
multiplexer, anyone? How about a DWMBA XMI-BI adapter?)

As well, this driver will probably work on other newer Toshiba
laptops that use ACPI as well. Even if it doesn't, if the driver
is committed, others have a place to start from.

The usefulness of code is proportional to how broadly it's shared.
Why not share it?

cjs