Subject: Re: Accounting for differences in physical memory performance
To: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/23/2002 09:09:19
On Wed, 22 May 2002, Ken Seefried wrote:

[prioritising page allocation based on memory bandwidth]

> Thanks Jason.  Is there any doco that explains how this works, or can you
> point me to a source file to plow through?

See mvme68k's machdep.c. In mvme68k_init(), UVM is told to put onboard RAM
on the highest priority free list (0). VMEbus RAM is given priority 1.

In uvm/uvm_page.c, the default allocation strategy (UVM_PGA_STRAT_NORMAL)
for uvm_pagealloc_strat() is to allocate pages from the highest priority
freelist first.

HTH.

Cheers, Steve