Subject: Re: FFS reliability problems
To: Charles Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/15/2002 10:43:33
On Wed, 15 May 2002, Charles Hannum wrote:
[that I wrote, which I did...]:
#
# > With fsck_ffs(8), I note that inodes which are otherwise valid (but not
# > connected) are cleared.  If they're non-zero size, should they not be
# > reconnected into lost+found?
#
# You're on crack.  That's all I have to say.

...exCUSE me?!?  Do you think you could possibly put it any more rudely?

I asked what I thought was a perfectly legitimate question and this is
the answer I get.

Does anyone else out there have a REAL answer why unreferenced inodes
are automagically cleared by "fsck_ffs -p" at boot time?  I just lost
about a day's worth of work because of this, thank you very much.

(mutter mutter "On crack, indeed..." mutter mutter)

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD, Net Improvement.