Subject: Re: mandatory vnops and vfsops
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/14/2002 22:25:38
> Well, the only difference for your driver is that generic function
> won't do the final copyout implicitly, you'd do that from usemaclone's
> ioctl function directly. Not a big deal at all and no need to
> add hooks to irix_sys_ioctl.

Well at least to call directly the driver ioctl method without going
through sys_ioctl.

> > 2) one ioctl sets the return value.
> Return value for what? Other ioctls?

The return value for the ioctl system call. As of today, we have to way
for a driver ioctl method to set the return value.

> Well, I think it would be better to add hooks to irix_sys_fchmod()
> rather than definining new fileops.

I'm not sure I agree. I already have a version with multiple hooks in
various system calls for usemaclone, and it looks rather ugly.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.  Cette signature vous est fournie telle quelle, sans
aucune garantie de fonctionnement. En la lisant, vous acceptez