Subject: Re: Huge (> 1TB) disk
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/14/2002 10:27:26
Heres a reference to the track-aligned extents thing i mentioned:
Its in the usenix FAST 2002 proceedings, entitled 'track-aligned extents:
matching access patterns to disk drive characteristics'. it can be
downloaded from http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/ftp/stray/traxtent_abs.html
even off-disk, it can pay off to know the geometry.
Isildur