Subject: Re: Disk IO / UVM and Crypt FS..
To: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/09/2002 16:40:20
Thanks to Enami, Jaromir and Green for their help.

I've made the write operation allocate a new area, and crypt into it,
which appears to work and has improved write efficiency somewhat.

I did hit an issue with the crypto/blowfish area, the bf_cbc.c file,
which isn't really used, doesn't compile 'as is', that is fine, I've
modified it somewhat.  The calling convention to bf_enc has changed too,
so I've modified it to follow suit.

That is, if anyone cares. :)

Blowfish-reference 1024bit key.
20971520 bytes transferred in 5 secs (4194304 bytes/sec)

Blowfish-i386 assembler 1024bit key.
20971520 bytes transferred in 2 secs (10485760 bytes/sec)

Lund

--
Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
Technology Manager, Unix Administrator