Subject: Re: "ofpci" and "ofppb" in NetBSD/sparc64
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/06/2002 17:29:32
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:24:37AM -0000, eeh@netbsd.org wrote:

 > | Today, "ofpci" and "ofppb" were added to the sparc64 port.  There was
 > | no discussion about this on any technical list.
 >
 > This is MD code.  There is no need for discussion.

But it relates directly to a machine-indepdent subsystem in NetBSD.  You
don't see new ports implementing their own SCSI subsystems, for example.

 > | the PCI code will need to have with e.g. ACPI).
 >
 > This was already discussed and the resulting MI `solutions' did not work.

Please provide a reference to the most recent discussion on this issue.

 > | As such, "ofpci" and "ofppb" must be backed out.  Please do this by
 > | Wednesday, 1700 PDT (at which point I will back it out myself if you
 > | have not already done so).
 >
 > No.

Well, like I said, if you don't do it by the time specified, I will do
it myself.  If I have to do that, so be it.  But it IS going to be backed
out.