Subject: Addiind a new filesystem support
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Amirkhanian?= <amirkh_r@epita.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2002 18:20:52
Hello,

I am feeling it isn't exactly the right mailing list, but I didn't find
a suitable one,
you might have some suggestions.

I want to implement my own filesystem, so I did a few research about how
it is
handled in the kernel and some kernel reading.. My thoughts, after my
readings are:
1- how to declare my filesystem.. and how to check it is there?
    I actually did a few changes already and compiled..
    is there a way to enumerate kernel supported filesystems?
2- which utils should I write apart? mkfs_myfs and next mount_myfs
    after kernel support added..

Those are the 2 parts bugging me for now, as I'm not sure yet, other fs
internals
seem to come easily once the basis would be set, has anyone got some
hints??

Thanks,
Rene Amirkhanian