Subject: Re: fork1 and new stack
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/26/2002 23:14:24
> Having said that, I'd first try fork1 with exact parent's stack.
> And I beleive in this case you don't need to allocate it.

I cannot do this: parent and child share the same address space: if they
use the same stack, everythign will be screwed quickly.

> I suspect that your child process havn't reached user-space. So
> I'd tried to catch it in kernel.

How would you do this? Calling Debugger() (where?) and once you catch
it, I cannot break on SIGSEGV delivery, like in gdb. Can I?

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Millenium
D=E9sormais, les OS portent la date de peremption dans leurs noms.
manu@netbsd.org