Subject: Re: NULL return value checking
To: Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mmondor@gobot.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/22/2002 04:53:40
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:57:44 -0700
Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org> wrote:

> Probably, but not when mixed in with other code that follows the
> traditional style.  Please stop wasting time trying to convince
> people to change a style that's been in use for longer than most
> people have been coding.

My original intent was to know if using boolean conditionals to
evaluate NULL would possibly be unadequate to run on some systems
thus rendering the code less portable. I will drop the topic as
with all the posts people contributed I think I had a satisfactory
answer, I am sorry if any of you have been bothered by this.

Matt