Subject: CHANGES TO SUPPORT LINKSYS INSTANT WIRELESS NETWORK CARD VERSION 3
To: None <ichiro@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/09/2002 19:03:20
	Hello Ichiro.  Below is the line which
needs to go into /usr/src/sys/dev/pcmcia/pcmciadevs in order to support the
Linksys Instant Wireless Network Card, Version 3.
	This card uses the new Intersyl 37300P chipset, which NetBSD identifies
as a Prism3 chipset.  (It's defined as 0x801a in sys/dev/ic/wireg.h), but
which the Intersyl web site defines as a Prism 2.5 chipset.  I don't claim
to be an authority on which version the chip is, but since the 37300U is
defined to be version 3 of the Prism2 chipset on the Intersyl web site, I
thought it worth mentioning, in case there was any question.

	In any case, if you could add the following
line to /usr/src/sys/dev/pcmcia/pcmciadevs in order to natively support
this card, that would be great.
	Oh, yes, in case it wasn't obvious, I have this card and the
wi(4) driver is known to work with it with the addition of the line below.

-thanks
-Brian

product LINKSYS2 IWN3		0x1613 Instant Wireless Network PC Card, Version 3