Subject: dolphin 4079 PCI comm ports (dual serial, 1 parallel)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20020408T171144@wsrcc.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/08/2002 17:20:37
I just picked up a Dolphin 4079 PCI comm port (dual serial, 1
parallel).  This card probed correctly as:

    puc0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: Dolphin Peripherals 4036 (com, com)
    com3 at puc0 port 0: interrupting at irq 10
    com3: ns16550a, working fifo
    com4 at puc0 port 1: interrupting at irq 10
    com4: ns16550a, working fifo

It doesn't quite work though.  A 4800 baud stream injected into the
port prints out garbage at what looks like a ~110 baud.  Shades of
paper tty days. ;-)

The netbsd pci page claims support for:
        Dolphin Peripherals 4035 (dual serial)

        (Adding support for similar boards is often trivial, so if you
        can get a loan of a board it might be possible to make it work
        with only a few minutes work.)

Anyone want to give me some hints as to what the "few minutes of work"
might be?

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>