Subject: Re: ddb; how about adb?
To: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/16/2002 17:35:50
If memory serves correctly, under adb,

$C

gives output that looks remarkably like what you see when your machine
decides to go TU and you *don't* have ddb enabled.

[on a side debugging note:  We really need to have the mem-dump capable
of dumping only active memory out to disk, preferably pre-compressed.
I think it ludicrous to have to dedicate 640MB of disk to a dump device
on a machine with 640MB of RAM -- that's over a half gig of space that
I could put to better use.  / and /usr fit in there thrice over and
then some!  This is not even to bring up those machines capable of
holding 2G of RAM.  What, I'm supposed to dedicate what is now,
amazingly enough, a "small disk" just to hold a memory dump?]