Subject: Re: documentation for sys/sys/buf.h:struct buf
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/07/2002 22:43:12
Jochen Kunz wrote:
> Also: What ioctls must / should be implemented in a disk driver? disk(9)
> says nothing about ioctls and disklabel(9) only mentions DIOCWLABEL.

When I was writing edc/ed driver, I found wdc/wd driver code
a good lead of what is expected from disk driver.
Basically, I'd look at what other similar disk driver do
and started from it, like fdc/fd probably (though fd(4) structure
is not very optimal, the driver would need to be rewritten).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-