Subject: Re: Mouse console support
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/02/2002 14:31:36
On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 01:28:43AM +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> Julio Merino wrote:
>
> > I know that OpenBSD has support for it, and that would be ported... but it
> > seems that most of you dislike what OpenBSD has coded ;)
>
> Maybe that's true for some people, but I'll happily take code from OpenBSD
> if I think it's been done right.  In the case of the mouse support I don't think
> it was.

AFAIK, this is also written in non-portable ways so every display
driver should have (*scrollback). That's not good.

What I had in mind was:

- If the underlying driver has scrollback support, utilize it for
  performance (if (scrollback)).
- It not, use the default MI wscons scrollback function (!scrollback).

I remember I was surprised by strong objections to this small
feature some time ago, so I'm worried about the Second Scrollback
World Flamewar to come.

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>