Subject: Re: How to probe for a QBus device?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/2002 21:45:10
On 2002.01.25 20:53 Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > According to driver(9) NetBSD
> > runs autoconf(9) when interrupts are disabled.
> If the docs say that, it's wrong. I assume that it is arch dependent;
> the Unibus needs an interrupt to be generated to find the interrupt
> vector and interrupt level (and sometimes to verify the existance of a
> device).
AHHHH! I think now the statement that interrupts are disabled means that
interrupts are caught be the hardware / the kernel and are not delivered
to already installed interrupt handlers. I.e. Interrupts can happen, but
are blocked and not usable by any driver code.

OK. I am already working on the rfc_attach() function and get:
rfc0 at uba0 csr 177170 vec 264 ipl 17: RX02
Looks good. :-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen