Subject: Re: Kingmax KEN0100-AF
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/20/2002 18:37:46
> All 16 IO address lines are present - so CAN be decoded, but only 10 are
> usually decoded.

Yes. Let's not get into nit picking here. 16 address bits are there, and
are decoded on some cards. Many cards only do decode 10 bits.

What I was trying to say is: "0x4300 is always an invalid ISA io port"
is not a correct statement (and that is how I read your message).

Anyway, if I understood correctly we are talking about a pcmcia card, which
can be mapped somewhere via a cardbus controller. Whether it decodes 10 or
16 bits of io addresses should be in the CIS info.

Martin