Subject: Re: MAC address for PCI hme (Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/arch/i386/conf)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjharris@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/28/2001 11:51:31
In article <20010827171554.D1209@dr-evil>,
Jason R Thorpe  <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 07:53:13AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>
> > The problem is the hme does not have its MAC address on it.
> > (Current driver uses MAC address in sparc NVRAM)
> > How should we handle it on other ports?
>
>What about HME add-in boards?  It's gotta be in there somewhere.

I don't really understand how OFW works under the covers, but might it be
that you have to be able to execute the F-code on the card in order to get
it to tell you its properties (and hence its MAC address)?  I don't think
we've got an F-code interpreter in the kernel yet.

Hmm.  I suppose you could grep the ROM for 080020 and hope for the best...
*grin*