Subject: Re: system call numbers problem
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/27/2001 08:17:24
Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> I started working on Linux/Mips emulation, and I face an unexpected
> problem: The system call numbers start at 4000 for Linux/MIPS. This
> confuses the makesyscalls.sh script, which expects the first syscall to
> be at zero.

The most suitable thing to do would prolly be to number the syscalls
from zero in syscalls.master, and substract the 4000 in syscall
dispatch code. (And add a comment in appropriate syscalls.master
that the syscalls dispatch code remaps the syscall numbers).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!