Subject: Re: ACL's revisited
To: Ken Cross <kcross@ntown.com>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/24/2001 16:58:03
Ken Cross wrote:
> So back to my original question:  Is anyone working on them?  Is there any
> problem in porting the FreeBSD implementation?  With whom should I
> coordinate my efforts?

I'm not aware of anyone working on this ATM. It would be really
cool to have this option available, at least for us who need the
functionality.  Support for ACLs would be one of huge contributions
to usability of NetBSD.

Regarding coordination, you may do that just via tech-kern@, at
least initially. I expect people would be willing to hint/review
changes you'd make, possibly even joining up and help with the
efford eventually.

Adding this to list of NetBSD projects (http://www.NetBSD.org/ -->
Current Projects) should also help to find other willing cooperators,
coordinate efford or find testers.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!