Subject: Re: kern/13261: "Data modified on freelist"
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/16/2001 22:04:48
On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 04:50:48AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> 	it looks to me that my issue is something to do with wscons and/or X.
> 	- boot my T20 from normal EGA/wscons console
> 	- start X
> 	- exit X
> 	- use console for a while
> 	then either the console goes mad (like totally blank screen, or
> 	white garbage), or I see panic due to "Data modified on freelist".
> 	hmmm.... are there any critical memory management change made this
> 	couple of weeks?

I have had amap and pvlist corruption problems, but these only
occured on the i386 MP branch as far as I saw. However, they do
happen when I start X or exit X. They might be related, but
this may be a long stretch.

I'm thinking that an spl protection problem is present somewhere,
but I don't know where.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com