Subject: Re: CardBus on Libretto L2
To: Urban Boquist <boquist@crt.se>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/16/2001 14:30:30
On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Urban Boquist wrote:

> I don't know if this is related but on my Toshiba Portege I have to
> set "Cardbus 16bit mode" in the BIOS for it to work. If I do that it
> acts like a ToPIC95B and cardbus works just fine. If I instead set the
> BIOS to "Auto" it acts like a ToPIC97 and cardbus does not work.

There is no BIOS setup screen on the Libretto L1/2. The only BIOS
tweaking you can do is from a Windows ME program, which does not offer
any CardBus options. There's also no PCMCIA support. So the only choice
for this machine is to get ToPIC100 support working properly, which I
am so far not having much luck with.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org