Subject: System call LKM offset numbers
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Barron <sb125499@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/03/2001 14:45:43
--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

Hello,

I have two questions really about system call lkms.

First, if I have the kernel choose the offset by passing -1 as the second
argument to MOD_SYSCALL is there a mechanism I can use to look that offset
up by name?  Currently I've chosen a number that doesn't happen to be in use
on my system but I don't want to chance clobbering an existing system call
across platforms.

Second, am I correct in thinking that the second element of the struct
sysent is supposed to be the sum of the sizeof all of the argument types?
I'm using that now and it works but I want to be sure I'm doing that
correctly.

Thanks,
-Scott

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl