Subject: Re: SA11x0 support
To: John Fremlin <john.fremlin@3SOFT.de>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/27/2001 15:50:14
On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 11:23:20AM +0200, John Fremlin wrote:
> > > memory" - on psionw there is some memory that is used for fb (part of
> > > it can be allocated as normal memory too provided you don't choose
> > > 4bpp). It'd be nice if (a) that memory could be used and (b) that it
> > > would only be used as a last resort to make it easier to switch to
> > > 4bpp at runtime.
> >
> > Same for the RiscPC/A7000's ... the screen memory can be used as normal
> > memory too but really also only have to be used as a last resort for memory
> > ... i.e. memory that can allways easily be swapped out... i.e. non locked
> > text code ... ??
>
> I should have thought that this would be fairly common across a wide
> range of architectures. Is there no support in UVM for this sort of
> thing? IMHO this discussion would be better placed on tech-kern or
> something

There is ... only it has to be supported in the pmap of the architecture
... and the current arm32 pmap doesnt have it ... maybe a thing for Chris
to add too ? ... i might also be able to add it .. but after my vacation
please ... these phone bills are not nice at all :(

Cheers,
Reinoud

(P.S. I forwarded this message also to tech-kern)