Subject: Re: more changes to config
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Mats Lidell <matsl@contactor.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/26/2001 16:12:03
>>>>> Ignatios wrote:

Ignatios> put the sources onto a directory tree readable by all of them, and teach
Ignatios> them to:

Ignatios> config -b $pathtotheirkernelbuilddirectory -s $pathtosys $CONFIGFILE

I'm not sure it works all the way.

The problem I'm facing is that we have non-standard system facilities.
These are listed in a file that in its turn is included from the
files.<arch> file. As I get it from my RTFM both of these files must
be located within the $pathtosys structure. I can't find any other way
to do it supported by config.

I would like the developers to be able to work on the non-standard
parts locally in their workareas while still beeing able to share a
netbsd distribution. This means beeing able to create and modify
non-standard facilities, build a new kernel with them and still share
the netbsd distribution.

Yours
--
%% Mats