Subject: Re: POSIX.4 real-time extensions?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Alex Barclay <alex@tfo-consulting.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/05/2001 09:10:15
On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Christos Zoulas wrote:

I'm really interested in this discussion as the application I've been
developing for the last couple of years is multi-threaded and makes heavy
use of real-time signals and AIO.

> SA_SIGINFO: mostly done [look at compat svr4]. As soon as kjk commits his
> 	    contextsys changes, I'll put it in.
> Real time queued signals and AIO, are tough..
But can really provide benefit for many types of app. What is the current
feeling on how these should be implemented?

Is anything being done for the real time clock (timer_create etc.)

I may be able to add some effort to achieving this although my kernel
experience is limited to device drivers.

Alex.