Subject: Re: Moving (some) fs kernel code under sys/fs/ ?
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/18/2001 10:36:59
On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, John Hawkinson wrote:

> | should move all of them. What is critical about the location of ufs/* and
> | nfs/ (other than cvs history)?
>
> References in include files, I should think, especially in userland.

Changing in-kernel code is easy. It's either a change to add an extra
include (-I$S/fs), or just change all the references.

Where files get installed in /usr/include doesn't need to change if we
move the kernel directory structure around - things can keep going into
the directories they go to now.

So thw question stands: why not move things (other than CVS history)?

Take care,

Bill