Subject: Re: making all fd's point at vnodes?
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/18/2001 10:29:42
Jason R Thorpe wrote:
>  > Currently soo_read and soo_write indirect through so->so_receive and
>  > so->so_send, but I can find *nothing* (and i mean *nothing*) in our
>  > kernel which sets so->so_receive and so->so_send to anything other
>  > than soreceive and sosend.
>
> I think the idea was that you could have a page-loaning version
> stuck in there easily.

Funny you mention this, I've though about how hard would page-loaning in
sosend() be recently :)

I believe the page-loaning might happen in sosend() as well, it's
not necessary to add extra level of inidirection just because of this.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!