Subject: Moving (some) fs kernel code under sys/fs/ ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/16/2001 01:15:56
Hi,
I long wanted to do this thing, since I really don't like
the clutter under sys/, nor a trent to put new fs support code
under sys/FOOfs/. I was reluctant to propose the move to avoid
needless divergence, but I recently noted FreeBSD did the bold
move to the fs/ direction, and I think it would be good to
do something similar.

For the start, I'd like to move ntfs, adosfs, filecorefs, smbfs,
msdosfs under there. Maybe even isofs/cd9660 should move. I'm not
quite sure about sys/coda/, it should probably stay since there is
also the pseudo-device part (or it should be split under fs/coda/
and dev/coda/). I think that miscfs/ should stay. nfs/ and ufs/ should
stay too, of course.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!